Friday 15 January 2010

Yay! I'm back!

My faithful 8 year old Dell died a couple of days after Christmas so this is the first time I've been able to blog since. I've bought a nice shiny new Acer which is about a third of the size of the old Dell and which boots up in about a minute, unlike the Dell which was taking 10!

I had to order a wireless router from Virgin because they wouldn't be able to support any make of router which they didn't sell but unfortunately they lost my first order (well, I did place it on New Year's Eve!) It finally arrived today and I got the thing up and running fairly easily (though Virgin had somehow mixed up the password which I set up with them a couple of years ago.)

What bliss to be on the net and "meeting up" with friends again :-)

Not much news, otherwise. I ahven't seen Mam for over a week because of the weather though Kevin went to see her on Thursday and reported back that she was better than she'd been for quite a while. She's eating a lot better now... and asking for chocolates when we walk in, so that's a relief. We've got a family meeting with the medical team on Monday so we'll see what they say then.

A few stitchy things to post but that can wait until tomorrow. Ah, it's nice to be back :-)

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling our Dell is on it's way out, it's very slow but we have had it a fair few years. Will have to see if it lasts until we can afford a new one.
    Hope your Mum is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael! My Dell had really been hammered over the years, especially when I was self-employed and doing lots of mapping and data processing on it so I didn't feel too badly about retiring it :-)

    I think Mum may be as well as she'll ever get but even if that's the case at least she's being well looked after and seems pretty happy in her own way.

    ReplyDelete